Move to a BYOD Network with Ruckus Wireless
The adoption of smart devices such as smart phones and tablets creates two challenges for IT; network access and device security. Each category is unique and requires a different set of expertise and guidelines.
First things first the wireless network must be reliable; it is the foundation of your solution. Legacy wireless solutions were not engineered to deal with the high density and throughput required to sustain a fast and reliable wireless connection. The wireless network must be mobile device ready and designed for interference mitigation and high-density environments.
Furthermore, the Bring Your Own (BYO) device, application, and product such as a smartphone or and an apple TV to work, has created an environment where IT does not have control of the clients access the network. To salvage this problem many wireless companies have incorporated additional recognition intelligence that identify the user, type of device and application that is on the network and provide IT administrators the ability to create and enforce security policies. Ruckus Wireless solutions integrate this BYOD solution and provide an easy to configure and deploy solution that is low maintenance and allows end users to self-register their devices on the network.
Handling BYOD with Ruckus
Integrated: Ruckus has a fully integrated body of features to handle BYOD stress points for both administrators and users. First, we want to ensure that organizations can leverage their existing resources for BYOD enablement. To that end, we integrate with existing network segmentation and security architectures, authentication protocols, and directory services.
Purpose-Built: Second, businesses need purpose-built features to handle mobile device connection and security challenges. Ruckus BeamFlex+ is specifically designed for mobile devices. The signal is directed only at the device, built-in polarization diversity maintains a strong signal regardless of device orientations, and ChannelFly ensure the devices receives the best possible path for higher bandwidth. For BYOD software, Ruckus has built-in device provisioning and onboarding tools and workflows that are foolproof for users and simple to implement by IT staff.
Flexibility: administrators need flexibility to provide unique policies for specific device types. Our device fingerprinting and access control features provide this level of granular enforcement. The same device-specific awareness used to enforce policy is also brought to bear on monitoring and visibility to improve network operations, troubleshooting, and policy changes over time.
Finally, Ruckus provides the RF stability, scalability, and capacity needed to enable BYOD. Robust wireless performance enables users to connect and stay connected, making BYOD initiatives work for the business.
- Dynamic PSK offers a per-user PSK, which finds an ideal balance between 802.1X and passphrases. It’s easy to implement, but highly secure.
- Zero-IT Activation securely provisions and onboards wireless clients in an intuitive way, enabling network users to connect without IT staff interventio
- Directory Integration allows businesses to leverage existing directory investments—ActiveDirectory, LDAP, eDirectory—for BYOD device onboarding, user authentication, and policy
- Device Fingerprinting and Policy provides the flexibility to create authorization profiles based on user, role, and device type
- Client Visibility delivers granular monitoring and diagnostics so administrators and support staff can keep better tabs on, and make informed decisions about, usage trends and network behavior
- Pervasive Performance is a Ruckus specialty. With unique features like BeamFlex, ChannelFly, and SmartCast, businesses can count on reliable connections and optimized mobile device capacity with fewer APs and less expensive solutions.