Ruckus Virtual SmartZone – Essentials (vSZ-E)
NFV-based WLAN Controller Designed for your Future
מחירים נוספים מופיעים למטה, או לחצו כאן!
שימו לב: כל המחירים באתר כוללים מע"מ. החיוב יבוצע על פי שער "העברות והמחאות מכירה" של המטבע (דולר אמריקאי) ביום אישור ההזמנה.
Enterprise class WLAN controller designed to run in the cloud
WiFi is faced with growing challenges in delivering high-performance and reliable WiFi. Enterprises must meet consumer needs for high-density, flexibility, and cost efficiency. The Ruckus virtual SmartZone – Essentials (vSZ-E) is a virtualized WLAN controller solution that meets these demands.
Designed for small, medium and large enterprises, the Ruckus vSZ-E delivers the cost and flexibility of virtualization with the scaling capabilities of the SmartZone Software Platform. This new WiFi platform offers ‘WiFi-as-you-grow’— the capability for your network to grow with and adapt to the changing needs of your business and deliver an optimal wireless experience.
- Performance and scalability: Supports 1,024 APs and 25,000 WiFi clients per vSZ-E instance.
- Network Flexibility: deploy a virtual controller that addresses the particular scale and performance needs of your business and your network. WiFi as you grow: easily transition from another SmartZone WiFi controller to either vSZ version with Smart Licensing.
The virtual SmartZone (vSZ) is a scalable and versatile WLAN Controller designed to run in the cloud. It eliminates the difficulties enterprises experience with building, managing, and scaling up to very large-scale WLAN networks. The vSZ implements a whole host of new features that optimize the Wi-Fi deployment for the enterprise.
By moving the SmartZone functionality into the cloud, it becomes possible to offer a platform with enormous scalability. This includes support for over a thousand Ruckus access points and tens of thousands of subscribers per virtual instance. The vSZ provides all control plane and management functions, with data plane traffic being routed directly from the APs to a separate WLAN gateway. This approach is consistent with the industry trend toward Software Defined Networks (SDN) that split out the control plane from the data plane.
The vSZ can be deployed as a private cloud to support one specific network deployment, or in a public cloud that can support hundreds or even thousands of managed WLAN networks. The vSZ can run on either an open-source KVM hypervisor or the VMware vSphere hypervisor.
The hypervisor function creates the virtual machines (VMs) that the vSZ application can run on. As traffic and load increases, the hypervisor can obtain additional resources from the underlying hardware layer to meet the demand. These resources can later be released as circumstances dictate.
Virtualizing the SmartZone
Virtualizing the SmartZone involves running the vSZ application and its OS on top of either the KVM or the VMware vSphere hypervisor (see Figure 1). Virtualization enables a whole host of new capabilities including:
- Ability to dynamically add hardware resources as required to support the needs of a rapidly growing enterprise, enabling a much more efficient use of data center resources
- High availability by enabling the hypervisor to shift applications to different server modules to address failures. The vSZ application can also run in Active/Active mode for extremely high availability.
Figure 1: The vSZ runs on a virtual machine established by the hypervisor. It in-turn runs atop the physical x86 blade servers. When deploying the vSZ in a data center, the existing cloud service management and orchestration function can interface with the vSZ through an API.
Scalability for Enterprises
The vSZ is a virtualized WLAN Controller that runs in the cloud and can start with smaller deployments and easily ramp-up to support networks with thousands of APs and tens of thousands of users.
Cost Effective Centralized Licencing Framework
As part of Ruckus Smart Licensing, customers only purchase licenses for the number of APs that need to be supported and additional licenses can be added for a pay-as-you-grow model. License purchases under Smart Licensing can also be easily transferred to other SmartZone devices using a cloud licensing portal.
Smart Meshing Support
Integrated Ruckus Smart Mesh Networking technology automates deployment and eliminates the need to run Ethernet cable to every Smart Wi-Fi access point.
Call Admission Control
This new feature helps to ensure existing Wi-Fi users’ quality of experience is maintained when the maximum load of the access point is reached.
SmartWay Bonjour Gateway Support
The SmartWay Bonjour Gateway allows customers to discover Bonjour services (such as AirPlay, Apple TV and other Apple network services) and other mDNS based products like ChromeCast across VLANs and subnets.
Device Policy Enforcement
Administrators can now apply rules to allow, deny, rate limit, or assign devices to specific VLANs based on the device operating system.
Guest Access Enhancements
Guest access on the vSZ has been enhanced to provide added functionality and ease of use. Guest credentials can be delivered via SMS using Twillio or email.
- Enables quick views of the health of the network, APs, connected devices, and alerts
- Provides detailed views of the AP status and client data
- Speeds problem resolution across multiple sites with easy drill-down menus
- Enables IT to perform troubleshooting commands from the cloud
- Simplifies configuration by applying consistent configurations and firmware to a group of APs
- • Smart Meshing streamlines costly and complex deployment
- Creates scheduled or on-demand network and security reports
- Delivers PCI-compliance reports for compliance
- Downloads AP configurations from the cloud automatically
- Simply port licenses from other SmartZone platforms to adapt your WiFi network to your business needs.
Smart Positioning Technology (SPoT) Location Based Services
- The industry’s first cloud-based location technology enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver a wide range of LBS applications.
Smartway Bonjour Gateway Support
- Zero-configuration service that supports client access to services like Apple’s AirPlay, AirPrint, and other mDNS products like ChromeCast across VLANs and subnets.
Hotspot 2.0 Release 2
- WiFi offloading with network discovery and carrier authentication using 802.1X/EAP as a service.
|Supported Configurations Managed APs||
|Concurrent Mobiles (UEs)/Stations||Up to 25,000 users per vSZ instance|
|WLANs||Up to 65,534 per vSZ|
|# of APS||# of Clients||vCPU (Core)||RAM (GB)||Disk Vol Size (GB)|
|Controllerless||ZoneDirector Platform||SmartZone Platform|
|Access points per Appliance||1-25||5–75||25–500||100–1,000||1–1,024||1–1,024||1–10,000|
|Access points with Clusters||HA*||HA*||HA*||HA*||1–3,000||1–3,000||1–30,000|
|Platform||Controllerless||Appliance||Appliance||Appliance||Appliance||Virtual Machine||Virtual Machine|
|Site||Single||Single||Single||Single||Multi-Site||Multi-Site||Multi Site / Tenant|
* High availability (HA) with redundant controller support
Download the Ruckus Virtual SmartZone - Essentials Datasheet (PDF).
- שימו לב: כל המחירים באתר כוללים מע"מ.
- החיוב יבוצע על פי שער "העברות והמחאות מכירה" של המטבע (דולר אמריקאי) ביום אישור ההזמנה.
- מחירי המוצרים וזמינותם כפופים לשינויים ללא הודעה מוקדמת.